As produce retailers ten years ago, we fully understand the importance of product quality to our customers. Our success as wholesalers has been built on this understanding. In this support of our pledge to continue to be a supplier of quality fruits and vegetables, we offer the following:
- - We will continue with our practice of purchasing
virtually all produce directly from original shippers.
- Where a shipper's record for quality produce is unknown to us, shipments will be pre-inspected by GGDL agents.
- - The vast majority of produce will be hauled from source using GGDL rigs or independent truckers under direct contract to us.
- - We will continue to use 53 ft. air-ride trailers whenever possible to assure minimal transit damage.
- - All the trailers will be equipped with functioning temperature recorders.
- - We will re-inspect all loads prior to trans-shipping to other stores.
- - Packaging will be at, or above, industry standards with each shipping carton being clearly marked as to shipper, net weight and contents.
As previous produce retailers we also remember the importance of service. We pledge the following:
- - Maximum seventy-two hour delivery on all produce from any location in North America.
- - Next day delivery for all Manitoba locations for routine purchases.
- - Under any exceptional circumstances, same day delivery to stores within 50 km of our warehouse if the items are available and the order is placed before 10 AM.
- - Orders accepted by telephone up to 5:00 PM Monday Friday, Saturday up 12:00 PM through our order desk, or by FAX up to 8:00 PM.
- - Orders accepted by product item and quality thus eliminating the need for your buyers looking up or memorizing product codes.
- - Experienced order desk staff.
- - Prompt notification if any product ordered is unavailable for delivery at the time requested.
- - Routine morning deliveries Monday through Friday.
- - Sunday deliveries by special arrangement.
- - Deliveries made by GGDL's uniformed staff in company owned vehicles, or by reputable transport companies.
- - Replacement of all off-grade product at no charge with replacements coming from GGDL stock, local spot purchases or from source at your organization's choosing.
- - Supply of No. 1 branded product, No. 1 independent product, or No. 2 product at your organization's choosing. (See Appendix B for branded products currently handled)
- - Daily contact with our drivers to know the exact whereabouts of inbound loads.
- - Prompt notification of any new fruit or vegetable products, varieties or strains as they become available to the marketplace.
- - Training of supermarket staff in produce handling and storage at no charge.
- - Provision of signs, posters and other promotional material, including free trip draws.
- - Promotional allowance for advertising name brand product.
- - GGDL will work in selecting items for advertized specials, including writing of the advertisement and set-up for printing.
- - Staging of produce seminars with knowledgeable speakers.
- - Routine updates on produce news from around the world.